31 Market Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1DF
The Edinburgh Dungeon is a top visitor attraction offering a chilling insight into Edinburgh’s dark history through live shows and scary rides.
Bringing Scotland’s history and legends to life through theatrical performance, storytelling, special effects and thrilling rides, a visit to the Edinburgh Dungeon is a unique and exciting experience. Laugh and scream your way through an 80 minute walk-through tour based on Scotland’s real history and legends. You’ll come face-to-face with the murderous grave robbers Burke and Hare, the legendary cannibal Sawney Bean and many other horrible characters from over 1000 years of Scotland’s past.
Attractions at Edinburgh Dungeons
- Judgement of Sinners – It’s the 17th Century and your fate awaits you in the Judge’s court room!
- Torture Chamber – Discover cruel instruments of torture deep in the torture chamber of the Royal Mile Jail.
- Sawney Bean: Cave of the Cannibals – Travel by boat into the Cave of Cannibals, just in time for dinner!
- Burke and Hare: The Business of Murder – Meet the notorious Edinburgh grave robbers Burke and Hare.
- Street of Sorrows – Hear the true story of Edinburgh’s plague ridden streets from the sinister Foul Clenger.
- Anatomy Theatre – Step into Dr Knox’s theatre as 19th Century medical students for the autopsy of one of Burke and Hare’s victims.
- The Green Lady – Hear a tale of betrayal, revenge and death, known as Edinburgh’s greatest ghost story.
- Maggie Dickson: Hanging Around – Meet Half-hangit Maggie, survivor of her own public hanging.
- Drop Ride to Doom! – Your sentence is carried out in the hanging gallows of Edinburgh Dungeon.
- Labyrinth of Lost Souls – Enter a dark, terrifying maze of catacombs below the Royal Mile.
Please note this attraction is not recommended for children under 8 years old.
Visit the Viator website for tickets and more information.